Nice dive to Faroud. Semi strong current on way back. Torpedo Ray, Moray Eel, Conger Eel, …
Amazing wreck...dive after dive it\'s never enough
Great dive. Big Conger eel. Moray eel. Octopus. MHunting Jacks. Big tunas hunting on deck. …
Great 1st and 2nd dive in Malta
Another great dive on the Faroud. Lots of fish, hunting Jacks, fairly big groupers, …
Faroud never bores! 2 dives today. Milky water, sunshine-bloom. Fairly big Groupers and …
Second dive today. Overall temp 15 degrees. Loads and loads of egg laying flabellinas on …
2nd dive.Swell picked up, even felt on the Faroud.Strange feeling going back and forth on …
Diving with Lewis inside the Faroud, deepest point reached 34 meters. Kitchen, engine …
Lots of hunting jacks and tuna on big schools of fish. Great visibility. 59 minutes total …
2 super duiken op de faroud. Weinig andere duikers dus het wrak voor ons zelf zo goed …
Great dive with a bit of head current swimming out, lots of life. Moray eels, lots of …
Again diving the Faroud, it never bores. Great visibility in the gully. Flabellinas, Moray …
Great dive towards and 10 minutes inside Faroud. Saw a big Skate, lots of life on the …
Veel veel Flabellinas, groot en klein op de Faroud. Nice duik, in afwachting van het leven …
The Um El-Faroud lies broken into two pieces, 150 meters off the coast of Wied iz-Zurrieq and is marked with a yellow cardinal buoy during high season. The vessel is 109 meters long and weighs 10,000 tons. A heavy explosion in tank 3 on the night of 3 February 1995 killed 9 people and took her out of service and a great dive wreck was born when it was scuttled in 1998. Entering water by giant stride. On the way to the wreck you will probably see the dive helmet that was placed on the bottom to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the local Maltese divers club, Atlam Divers Club. After the dive you will exit by ladder or boat ramp. Many divers tend to do their night dives in the inlet because of the abundance of life that can be seen then.
During high season the wreck is marked with a yellow cardinal buoy. Type: Tanker. Freight: Fuel. Weight: 10,000 tons. Length: 109 m. Width: 15.5 m. Height: 22 m. Lowest deck: 25 m. Boatyard: Smith Dock Co. Ltd, Middlesbrough, UK. Shipping company: General National Maritime Transport Company, Tripoli. Parking at lower level is reserved for dive centers.
Due to the size of the wreck you can forget bottom time and possible strong current on the way back so regularly check your air supply to make sure you have enough air for your return. Think about using a 15 liter cylinder. Choppy water can make exiting c
UM EL FAROUD Features
- Blue Grotto, Wied iz-Zurrieq, UEF, Farud
- Triq Congreve, Wied iz-Zurrieq, Malta
- Voldoende parkeergelegenheid, plaatsen bij instap gereserveerd voor duikscholen.
- 10 min.
- Suitable for
- Day out with the family, underwater photography, wreck divers
- 10 min. swimming to wreck or pay a local fisherman to drop you off, stairs or ladder, giant stride
- Accessible toilet, restaurants, toilets, small shop, bus stop, mobile ice cream parlor
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, night dive, wreck dive, deep dive (30m+)
- Limited, strong, variable
- 10 - 30 m.
- Average visibility
- 20 m.
- 36 m.
- rifwand,rotsen,zand en zeegras
- Barracuda, scorpionfish, regular sea urchins, moray, common octopus, grouper, tuna, mediterranean cardinalfish or king of the mullets, sea hare, brown meagre
- Other recreation
- Rambling, swimming and snorkeling, paid boat trip to Blue Grotto