BLUE BAY SOUTH
Blue Bay South has a slightly sloping bottom with sand, coral and here and there some heaps of rock. It's a simple dive site where you can dive or snorkel in quiet conditions. At Blue Bay South you'll see lots of small marine life and different types of corals, including brain coral and finger coral. The reef starts at a depth of 7 meters, with the drop off at 10 meters. You have to hire equipment from the diving school to be able to dive and make use of the facilities.
Blue Bay South is located next to the Blue Bay Golf Resort. Enter the water at the small bay, next to the diving school. Then descend to a depth of 6 meters to continue along the coral towards the drop off. Sometimes eagle rays and turtles are spotted at Blue Bay South.
At Blue Bay South the use of your own diving gear is not allowed. The rent of equipment is mandatory. Beware of uneven bottom at the entry point.
BLUE BAY SOUTH Features
- Blauwbaai Zuid,Blue Bay Garden
- Sint Michiel Curaçao
- Sufficient parking
- 50 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels, snorkeling
- N.v.t. / NA
- Paid diving
- Shower, dive center , fill station, hospitality , sinks , toilet
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, reef dive , snorkeling
- 20 - 30 m.
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 35 m.
- Blue parrotfish, scorpionfish, flamingo tongue , brain coral, trumpetfish, file fish, eagle ray, turtle
- Other recreation
- Boating, yachting, beach recreation, swimming