Dour is a site with many objects, such as cars wrecks and small boat wrecks. Dour is also characterized by various habitats. Along the banks you dive between branches and roots of old tree stumps and you can spot big pike. Other permanent residents are freshwater crustaceans. They hide between the tree roots and are happy to be photographed. Dour is a former limestone quarry. You can swim around the whole lake. Only divers affiliated with VZW Appel and their guests are allowed to dive here.
Large numbers of freshwater lobsters, and they are not shy.
In the summer you have 2 thermoclines, one at 8 and one at 15 meters. Deeper than this the temperature rarely gets above 6 degrees.
- Rue d Elouges, 7370 Dour België
- Sufficient parking
- 30 m.
- Suitable for
- Beginners, advanced divers
- Alleen duikers die aangesloten zijn bij VZW Appel mogen hier duiken.
- Only for licensed divers only open on weekends and public holidays
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive / limestone quarry
- 1 - 6 meter
- Average visibility
- 4 m.
- Tot 18 meter
- Zand en kalk
- Pike, perch, whitebait, crayfish
- Other recreation