Hondoq Bay is a sandy-bottomed bay with meadows of neptune grass. A water pipeline runs out through the middle of the bay heading towards Comino. Hondoq Bay is an excellent spot to carry out training dives for beginners. When conditions are right one can enjoy a drift dive, by swimming out and finding a current which propells the diver in towards the shore.
Here one can spot baby octopus, baby sting rays and more young fish.
Boat traffic outside the bay.
HONDOQ BAY Features
- Hondoq ir-Rummien
- Triq il-Kuncizzjoni, Gozo, Malta
- Sufficient parking
- 50 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels, scuba diving practice, scuba diving training
- Free access
- Accessible toilet, restaurant
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive from beach, shallow dive
- Limited, variable
- 20 - 40 m.
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- 3 - 12 m.
- zand en zeegras
- Stingray, wide-eyed flounder, cuttlefish, lizard fish, common octopus, small marine life, flying gurnard
- Other recreation
- Beach, sunbathing, swimming and snorkeling