Duikersgids / Uitgeverij Bladenmaken (here referred to as Duikersgids), located at Aert van Nesstraat 1H, 2901 BH, Capelle a/d IJssel is the publisher of the Duikersgids platform (book, website and app), hereinafter referred to as Duikersgids platform.
The core activities of Duikersgids consist of providing dive site information for sport divers, through a broad platform. This platform consists of the Diver's Guide, as an annual seasonal advice in book form and a selection of dive sites with dive site information on a website and in an app. This Privacy Statement applies to all these publications, services and products. You have to agree to the Divers Guide Terms and Conditions in order to use our products and services.
We respect your privacy. Your personal information will be carefully handled and secured by us. As data controllers, we naturally comply with the laws and regulations on the protection of personal data, as laid down in the General Data Protection Ordinance (AVG) and the resulting regulations. This means, among other things, that we treat your personal data confidentially and take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data.
Types of data
For the performance of our services, we collect and process personal data that you directly or indirectly disclose to us. We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- If you purchase a product or service from us. In doing so, we will process the personal data you provide to us that is necessary for the proper use of our product or service (such as name, address, domicile, etc.).
- If you create and use an account. In doing so, we process the personal data that you have provided to us yourself (such as e-mail address and user name).
- If you disclose a log message or logs from your log.
- If you otherwise use the products and services of Diver's Guide and are asked to provide personal information. This is for example the case when you register in the app or on the website.
In addition to the data you provide, we may record and collect additional information when using our services and products. This includes, for example:
- Usage data about the services you use, including the time, duration of use and content of the service.
- Location information, either from your mobile device or derived from your IP address, that may be provided to us when you use certain services.
- Information from external sources. We may receive information about you from public and commercially available sources, for example from a social media site.
Under no circumstances will Diver's Guide process special data such as race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership, health and/or religious or philosophical beliefs. Nor does any form of automated decision-making take place on the basis of individual profiles (profiling).
Diver Guide uses your data for different purposes.
- Providing dive site information such as water temperature, visibility and the like.
- Administrative purposes.
- Financial settlement.
Based on the legitimate interest, namely relationship management, marketing and sales:
- To continuously improve, maintain and optimize our products and services.
- To provide service and/or to inform you about other relevant products and services of Duikersgids if you wish.
- To advertise in a targeted way. We make an analysis of your interests and preferences. This allows us to better tune our products and services to your needs and interests. Advertisements can be tailored to these profiles.
Sometimes Duikersgids asks your permission to process data, for example with cookies. You can revoke your consent at any time, however, this has no retroactive effect. If you do not wish to receive any information at all about products and/or services, you can object to this. Please contact Diver's Guide at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diver's Guide has appointed a Data Protection Officer (FG). This is Mr. Errol Vos. This person can be reached via postal address: Aert van Nesstraat 1H, 2901 BH, Capelle a/d IJssel, or via email@example.com.
Sharing of personal data
Diver Guide shares your personal information (the name of you and your buddy in log message) with third parties.
We use comprehensive security procedures and appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your processed data, including to prevent unauthorized access to your data. Your personal information is stored on secure servers.
For each application we perform an annual cleaning of the customer and data files. The personal data is stored and used for a period of time in accordance with the applicable legislation and objectives.
At all times you have the choice whether you want to enter your personal data or not. However, in order to be able to use some of our products and services, it is necessary to enter personal data. We will take your preferences into account. On our websites you have the possibility to view or change your own personal data independently. This allows you to view or change your cookie settings at any time. You have the right to access, correct, delete, limit, object and transfer your personal data in accordance with the applicable regulations. You can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request as soon as possible (within four weeks at the latest). In doing so, we may ask you to identify yourself adequately. In addition, you always have the right to submit a complaint to the Personal Data Authority.
Diver Guide never knowingly collects or processes personal data from minors without the consent of a parent or guardian. If personal data of minors would be processed in good faith, Diver Guide will delete them from its files as soon as possible after being aware of this, after any obligations entered into have been settled.
On the Diver Guide platform you can find links to other websites. However, Diver Guide cannot be held responsible for the handling of your data by those parties, unless it is a website of Diver Guide itself. Please read the privacy statement, if any, of the site visited.
Diver's Guide reserves the right to make changes to this privacy statement. The most recent version of the privacy statement is logically the applicable version and can be found on our website.
What is a cookie?
Functional cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly. Think about being logged in or cookies that make it possible to react. In addition, cookies keep your user preferences known. Non-functional cookies such as statistical cookies measure whether a website functions properly.
Which cookies do we use?
1. Functional cookies.
There are two types of functional cookies: persistent and session cookies.
- A permanent cookie allows us to recognize you when you visit our website again. This allows the website to be specially set to your preferences. We can also remember this by means of a cookie if you have given us permission to place cookies. This way you do not have to repeat your preferences each time you visit our website, saving you time and making it easier for you to use our website. Permanent cookies can be deleted via the settings of your browser.
- With the help of a session cookie we can see which parts of the website you have viewed with this visit. This allows us to adjust our service as much as possible to the surfing behavior of our visitors. These cookies are automatically deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
2. Statistical cookies.
Tracking cookies from our advertisers
After your consent, advertisers place tracking cookies on your equipment. They use these cookies to track which pages you visit on their network in order to build a profile of your online surfing behavior. This profile is also built based on similar information they get from your visits to other websites in their network. This profile is not linked to personal information as known to us, but is only used to tailor advertisements to your profile so that they are as relevant to you as possible.
Changing or deleting cookie settings
You can always view or change your cookie settings. Do you change your cookie settings? If so, we will only use and place cookies that you have consented to. In addition, you can always delete cookies from your computer, tablet or cell phone yourself. Please refer to the explanation of the settings of your browser.