Verenigde Staten, Florida
BLUE HERON BRIDGE
The Blue Heron Bridge. Anyone who ever stays in West Palm Beach, Florida, must dive the Blue Heron Bridge. The Blue Heron Bridge is world famous. It's a unique dive site with several wrecks, overgrown bridge pillars, a large artificial reef and a truly unprecedented biodiversity, including manatees, seahorses, octopuses, nurse sharks and hundreds of different species of nudibranches. It's for good reasons that PADI's Sport Diver magazine voted The Blue Heron Bridge the best dive site in the world in 2013.
Enter the water under the Blue Heron Bridge via the beach. Dive here at high tide, as fresh water from the Atlantic Oceans provides optimal visibility. The dive site consists of two areas, the small bridge and the big bridge. Dive along the overgrown pillars, find the wrecks and follow the Phil Foster Park Artificial Reef and Snorkel Trail. A huge stone reef where you will encounter a variety of marine life. Scuba diving at its best!
Tidal water, use a tide table. Boat traffic. Do not dive in the boat channel, diving flag required. Night diving only with permission or through a diving school. Everyone must leave the park after 10:00 o'clock.
BLUE HERON BRIDGE Features
- The Bridge, Phil Foster Park
- Phil Foster Park, Riviera Beach
- Limited parking
- 50 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels, underwater photography, night diving, snorkeling
- N.v.t. / NA
- Free access
- Outdoor shower, dive center , gear-up bank, toilet
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, reef dive , drift dive, snorkeling
- Limited / sterk
- 10 - 30 km.
- Average visibility
- 20 m.
- 6 m.
- zand en rotsen
- Batfish, seahorse , grouper, manta ray, nudibranch, nurse shark, octopus and more, pipefish, flying gurnard
- Other recreation
- Boating, yachting, fishing , swimming