The Ghadir chain is a group of three artificial reefs: Ghadir El Bar, Aruk Ghadir and Ghadir El Shark. They are deep canyons that are full of anemones. The large coral formations make El Bar and Aruk Ghadir two of the most impressive reefs in the south. In the east it is mainly the stunning coral formations of Ghadir El Shark with tunnels and caves that set the tone. In the winter months high waves make diving more challenging in these areas.
You will come across all kinds of species here, from turtles, stingrays and groupers to white tip sharks and tunas.
High waves during the winter months.
GHADIR RIFFEN Features
- Ghadeer Riffen
- Rode Zee, Egypte, 20 KM ten zuidoosten van Marsa Alam
- At charter
- 10 km uit de kust
- Suitable for
- All levels (beginners under supervision)
- By boat from Ghalib , Marsa Alam or one of the dive centers in between
- Boat dive facilities (liveaboard/zodiac/dag)
- Kind of dive
- Boat dive
- Limited / sterk
- 20 - 40 meter
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- 2-24 m
- Koraal & zand.
- Whitetip reef shark, barracuda, eel, ray, neptune's lace, turtle, napoleonfish or humphead wrasse, perch, tuna, thicklip grey mullet, ., sweetlips, swallowtail seaperch or marine goldfish or anthias, lionfish
- Other recreation