Who says Rocky Island, says sharks. Sharks are by far the main motivation to go diving here. The reef is inhabited by a large school of gray reef sharks. They are one of the dominant species here and are happy to be photographed as the masters of the sea. But there's more ... On the west side of the island are hammerheads and dolphins.
Rocky island is small above water but underwater it is big. Hundreds of meters of solid walls from the seabed all the way up, surrounded by overhanging coral gardens and caves.
Strong current. Far from the coast and (medical) facilities.
ROCKY ISLAND Features
- Rode Zee, Egypte, 170 km ten zuidoosten van Marsa Alam
- At charter
- 170 km va. Marsa Alam
- Suitable for
- Experienced divers (advanced with more than 50 dives is recommended)
- Vergunning vereist. Alleen te verkrijgen via een erkende liveaboard operator.
- By boat from Hurghada, El Quesier, port Ghalib or Marsa Alam
- Boat dive facilities
- Kind of dive
- Drift dive
- Medium, strong
- 30 - 40 meter
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- Tot 100 meter
- zand en koraal
- Grey reef, * longimanus-, silky shark and hammerhead shark, napoleonfish or humphead wrasse, tuna, amberjack, clownfish, lionfish, lionfish, sweetlip, bannerfish, bannerfish
- Other recreation