The mystical island Zabargad, also known as St. Johns Island, has much to offer. The reefs here are spectacular. They are covered with coral gardens and terraces running down, with beautiful views. A true paradise for underwater photographers. Almost everything you see is worth a picture, certainly the wreck. It is an old freighter. Pretty overgrown and surrounded by colorful fish and pristine reefs.
Zabargad is the largest island in this region. It lies along Ras Banas, on the coast side of Sudan. The pristine beauty is amazing.
Far from the coast and (medical) facilities.
ZABARGAD ISLAND Features
- Seberged,Zabargad,St. Johns Island
- Rode Zee, Egypte, 160 km ten zuidoosten van Marsa Alam
- At boat charter
- 160 km v.a. Marsa Alam
- Suitable for
- Experienced divers (advanced with more than 50 dives is recommended)
- Vergunning vereist. Alleen te verkrijgen via een erkende liveaboard operator.
- Liveaboard port ghalib
- Boat dive facilities
- Kind of dive
- Wreck dive, boat dive
- Limited, strong
- 20 - 40 meter
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- Tot 40 meter
- zand en koraal
- Turtle, napoleonfish or humphead wrasse, tuna, amberjack, clownfish, lionfish, lionfish, sweetlip, bannerfish, bannerfish, eagle ray
- Other recreation