Möwensee 5 is an old gravel pit with exceptional visibility and old dredges. The site is home to catfish, large schools of perch and huge colonies of crayfish, sometimes up to 25 centimeters in size. Hover over the bottom and check out this huge army of crabs. Interesting is also the small island in the lake, where solitary pike and large schools of groupers live. Always register with one of the two diving schools.
Möwensee 4 has two dive sites, Möwensee 4 and 5. Enter the water in search of crayfish and catfish. They are often seen near the entry points. Crayfish are mainly found on the east bank.
Möwensee 5 is also used by boat owners. Use a surface buoy if necessary. Paid diving. Always register with one of the two diving schools.
MOWENSEE 5 Features
- Uthleber Weg 27, 99734 Nordhausen
- Sufficient parking
- 25 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels
- N.v.t. / NA
- Paid diving
- Decompression chamber, diving school, accomodations to pass the night, lifeboat, restaurant, trolleys, toilet, stairs, fill station, hot showers
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, deep diving, mountain lake
- 10 - 20 m.
- Average visibility
- 12 m.
- 46 m.
- zand en kiezel(stenen) of grind
- Perch, crab, eel, cray fish, pike, mirror carp, catfish
- Other recreation