Sundhausersee is a beautiful dive site with lots of life and generally very good visibility, sometimes up to 20 meters. You see huge pike, mirror carp and eels in crystal clear, light blue water. The Sundhäusersee has multiple entry sites, each with its own characteristic features. Striking at the boarding point 'Landzunge' is Nordhausia, at about 13meters. Nordhausia is a submerged village, including an observation tower, part of a city wall, a cemetery and two houses. This dive site, with its walls, wrecks and hills is very varied. Always register with one of the two diving schools.
Due to the exceptionally good visibility the sunlight reaches great depths. Therefore you have at some places vegetation up to 20 meters.
Trust your compass, the bottom structure can make navigating a bit difficult.
SUNDHAUSER SEE Features
- Uthleber Straße, 99734 Nordhausen
- Sufficient parking
- Affhankelijk van instaplocatie
- Suitable for
- Beginners, scuba diving practice (several platforms) advanced divers, experienced divers
- Paid diving mail to info@tauchen-nordhausende or info@tauchsportzentrum-nordhausende
- Stairs, diving school, scuba fill station, toilet, hot showers, trolleys, restaurant, accomodations to pass the night, lifeboat, decompression chamber
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive
- 8 - 20 meter
- Average visibility
- 12 m.
- Tot 38 meter
- Zand en grind
- Mirror carp, cray fish, crab, eel, pike, perch
- Other recreation
- Lawns and picknick tables