Je duikt hier met het oog op educatie en natuurbehoud.
Swahili Nurseries is a local coral reef restoration project in the Diani National Marine Reserve in Kenya. It's one of the few good dive sites in this area. Most of the reserve is damaged and degraded. The nursery is like a sanctuary where marine life slowly returns. All kinds of species seek shelter on the restored parts of the reef. You'll see stingrays, green turtles, squid and much more. If you're lucky you might spot a dolphin or whale shark as well. Accessible only through local dive schools.
Swahili Nurseries can be reached in 15 minutes by boat. Book a trip with one of the local diving schools.
Diving in Swahili Nurseries is only possible with local dive schools. Take the house rules into account. Advanced recommended in somewhat harsher weather conditions.
SWAHILI NURSERIES Features
- Coral reef restoration project Diani,Coral gardening Diani,Coral reef restoration Diani
- Swahili Beach Resort, Ukunda, Diani Beach Kenya
- At dive center
- 15 min.
- Suitable for
- Advanced adviced, all levels (in good weather)
- N.v.t. / NA
- Book in advance
- Accessible toilet, bar, security, showers, dive resort, dive shop, AED 24
- Kind of dive
- Boat dive
- Medium, variable, sometimes strong
- 10 - 30 m.
- Average visibility
- 15 m.
- 10 m.
- Dolphin, squid, hawksbill turtle, lionfish, octopus, stingray, flying gurnard, whale shark
- Other recreation
- Beach recreation