Zeer mooi duik veel kleine vis. Voor de foto’s ga dan naar DTY.nl foto argief.
Visibility can be improved. a lot of stonebulks in the wheelhouse? on the sand enough …
Very nice wreckage: what a fish and crabs.
My first dive on the breydon, was it the missing Victory, we secured a rescue buoy of the …
Breydon Widgeon is a steel trawler that has been discovered by recreational divers in 2000. The wreck is overgrown with plumose anemone and cuthona. The Breydon Widgeon stands upright and is in great shape. The ship has served as a trawler and safety vessel for offshore installations. There are rumors that they deliberately sank it in 1990 because it was a drug ship. It is a relatively easy dive. The wreck lies no deeper than 25 meters, visibility is good and it’s easy to orientate yourself. A great wreck for beginners in the North Sea.
Kind: Propeller-powered trawler. Height: 28.5m. Width: 3m. Builder: Richards Ironworks Ltd. Year: 1961.
BREYDON WIDGEON Features
- Net zuidelijk van de vaargeul van IJmuiden, op 16 km van de kust
- Sufficient parking
- Vaartijd 2 uur
- Suitable for
- Inexperienced Nort Sea divers , advanced wreck divers
- Free access, Marineport IJmuiden check wwwlamlashnl
- Boat dive facilities
- Kind of dive
- Wreck dive / boat dive
- 6 - 20 meter
- Average visibility
- 6 m.
- Tot 22 meter
- Bullhead, velvet swimming crab, Cuthona gymnota (seasnail), cod, north sea crab, oaten pipes hydroid, dragonet, sea mat, pout, plumose anemone
- Other recreation
- Fishing is possible on some vessels, while waiting for tidal reversal.