Careless Reef is close to the coast and consists of two large pinnacles rising from a shallow plateau. It is a protected reef with high walls, you can only dive here in good weather. The northern drop of is overgrown by a beautiful coral forests and on the south side is a plateau with small coral pinnacles. The whole area is populated by many species of fish, including huge groupers and even white tip reef sharks.
Careless Reef is most famous for its large population of giant moray eels. The Morays thrive here because of all the food they get from the divers.
Be aware of the high waves when the wind is strong. Dive here only with good weather.
CARELESS REEF Features
- Noord Hurghada, Zuid El Gouna, Rode Zee, Egypte
- At charter
- Vaartijd ca. 60 min.
- Suitable for
- All levels (in good weather)
- By boat from Hurghada of El Gouna
- Boat dive facilities
- Kind of dive
- Boat dive
- Medium / strong
- 10 - 40 meter
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- Tot 60 meter en meer. Plateau op 14 meter.
- Zand en koraal
- Grey trigger fish, grouper or merou, moray eel, moray, whitetip reef shark , tuna, amberjack, turtle
- Other recreation