Julianabrug Zuidwillemsvaart is not the most common dive site. But if you don't have any problems with a shallow canal dive, just give it a try. Visibility is often very good. Take a look at the vegetation and the underwater structure of the Julianabrug (Juliana bridge). It's a shelter for fish, eels and small insects.
Enter the water at the Julianabrug (Juliana bridge). You need a long ladder to get in and out of the water. Now dive several hundred meters in northern or southern direction. Take your diving lamp with you, you will need it to spot pike and carp under the bridge.
Short period with a lot of algae in spring. The channel is very shallow.
JULIANABRUG ZW VAART Features
- Julianabrug, Zuid Willemsvaart
- Julianabrug, Kanaaldijk Noord West, Helmond
- Parking at eastside of canal
- 20 m.
- Suitable for
- Beginners, advanced divers, night diving, underwater photography
- N.v.t. / NA
- Free access
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive
- 2 - 8 m.
- Average visibility
- 5 m.
- 2,7 m.
- clay bottom and mussel beds
- Perch, common roach, white bream, bream, car small loach (protected animal), eel, rudd, pike
- Other recreation