Anchor Reef is a submerged rocky ledge between Reqqa point and Double Arch which starts just a couple of metres wide and then expanding to around 150m towards the east and it is a great wall dive, which offers a number of routes to satisfy all levels of diver, either a dive down and along a vertical wall or an easy, relaxing dive on top of the plateau along the edge of the drop-off. There are two nice swimthroughs for the less experienced, and a large anchor in the deeper section of the site.
The details of the anchor's dissapearance are part myth, part mystery.
Watch the current that can eventually come up.
ANCHOR REEF GOZO Features
- Reqqa Anchor Reef, Landslide (Reef)
- N.v.t. N/A
- Voldoende parkeerplaats bij de stek, voor bootduik bij bootcharter
- Suitable for
- All levels, deep diving, underwater photography
- Free access
- Kind of dive
- Reef dive , deep dive (30m+), underwater naturalist, shore dive, boat dive
- Limited, none
- 10 - 30 meter
- Average visibility
- 20 m.
- 5 - 70 m.
- rotsblokken,zand en stenen
- Bath sponge, sardine, amberjack, common octopus, european parrotfish, gilt-head bream, mediterranean damselfish, saddled bream
- Other recreation