To reach Ta' Swejda, walk between rock-cut saltpans to a small rocky inlet to find this interesting dive site. On the west side of the inlet are many large rocky canals, extending in irregular patterns for a couple of hundred metres, most probably formed by fresh water thousands of years ago.
This relaxing, easy dive is ideal for open water divers or equal level.
Sensitive for north and north-western winds.
TA' SWEJDA Features
- Ta Swejda, Ta'Swejda, Washing Machine
- Triq ix-Xwenji, Zebbug, Gozo, Malta
- Sufficient parking
- 20 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels, scuba diving practice
- Free access, sloping path
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, reef dive , shallow dive
- Limited, none
- 20 - 40 m.
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- 12 m.
- rotsblokken,zand en stenen
- Cuttlefish, scorpionfish, moray, common octopus, small marine life, flying gurnard, mediterranean damselfish, black faced blenny
- Other recreation
- Swimming and snorkeling