Terrific dive into the big Billinghurst Cave that is filled with corals, sponges, urchins, anemones and other life. Even saw a Discodoris.
Billinghurst Cave, close to Reqqa Point, is a big 35 meter deep cavern with its entrance at the bottom of a reefwall at 24 meters. The length of the cave is about 50 meters, with the possibility to emerge at the end. Because of the curves and boulders you may lose sight of the entrance of the cave, making this feel like a cave dive.
Enter the cave with a giant stride after a small descending walk. Exiting by a ladder or via Reqqa Point. The entrance, seen from within the cavern, creates a beautiful 'Blue Window'.
Watch out, rocky and sharp path to entry point. Experienced divers only.
BILLINGHURST CAVE Features
- Billingshurst Cave, Train tunnel, Reqqa Billinghurst Cave
- Triq Is-Sagħtrija, Iż-Żebbuġ, Gozo, Malta
- Sufficient parking
- 30 m.
- Suitable for
- Experienced divers, underwater photography, cave divers
- Free access, stairs or ladder, giant stride, rocky and sharp path.
- Kind of dive
- Boat dive, shore dive, cavern dive
- Limited, strong, variable
- 10 - 30 m.
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 35 m.
- Dusky grouper or merou, anemone, common starfish, common prawn, mediterranean cardinalfish or king of the mullets, sea moss or bryozoan or sea-mat, yellow cluster anemone, noble pen shell or fan mussel
- Other recreation
- Rambling or trekking/hiking