Cathedral Cave is also know as 'The Blue Dome' and is a cave that you can surface in with a ceiling approximately 15 meter above water level. It's a dive spot for all level divers and one of the most spectacular dives in Gozo. The sunlight entering the cave creates beautiful lighting effects. Even the location contributes to the dive experience: Cathedral Cave lies in a narrow creek, surrounded by high cliffs and rock walls in the breathtaking Ghasri Valley. There's also a little beach, just spacious enough to serve a few sunbathers. The underwater world is offering a lot for divers as well as snorkellers.
Cathedral Cave is a boat or a shore dive. Chosing the shore dive you must take in account a 100 meter long walk while kitted up. You start your dive in the pittoresk creek of Ghasri Valley, on the right side and you will reach the cave after a 10-12 minute dive along beautiful walls and colourful fish.
Watch it when path and the 90 steps long stairs are wet.
CATHEDRAL CAVE Features
- The Dome, Ghasri Valley, Blue Dome
- Ghasri Valley, Wied L - Ghasri, Gozo
- Sufficient parking
- 100 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels, underwater photography
- N.v.t. \
- Free access
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, cavern dive
- 10 - 40 m.
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 12 - 30 m.
- boulders,gravel or shingle or pebbles,sand and rocks
- Bath sponge, common starfish, scorpionfish, seahorse , regular sea urchins, hydroyd (polyp), soft coral, common octopus, ornate- or turkish wrasse, common prawn, mediterranean damselfish, mediterranean cardinalfish or king of the mullets, yellow cluster anemone, noble pen shell or fan mussel
- Other recreation
- Biking, rambling or trekking/hiking, sunbathing, swimming and snorkeling