Reqqa Point, close to Billinghurst Cave, is one of the most visited dive spots in Gozo, after the Dwejra dives. The dive spot is sensitive for northern and western winds, causing heavy seas. In calm weather however, Reqqa Point is a dive for all levels. Gullies and fissures full of live make this an exploring dive, leading you to a sandy plate at 25 meters. To the north-west the reefwall slopes stepwise to ever greater depth up to more than 40 meters.
Close to the entry/exit you will find a chimney from 17 to 6 meters.
Northern and western winds can cause heavy seas. Swell can make entry and exit difficult.
REQQA POINT Features
- Reqqa Reef
- Triq Is-Sagħtrija, Iż-Żebbuġ, Gozo, Malta
- Sufficient parking
- 50 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels (beginners under supervision), deep diving, underwater photography
- N.v.t. N/A
- Free access, rocky and sharp path.
- N.v.t. N/A
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, reef dive , deep dive (30m+), explorer dive
- Limited, strong, variable
- 20 - 50 m.
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- 70+ m.
- rifwand,zand en rotsen
- Eagle ray, blue dotted stingray, grouper, lobster, spiny lobster or langouste or rock lobster, nudibranch, mediterranean damselfish, bogue or boops boops, dentex
- Other recreation