Bottleneck Cave, located at the west of Reqqa Point, drops down from 37 meters to 58 meters. The entrance hole is in the reef at 37 meters, just large enough to swim through. The vertical tunnel takes the shape of a cylinder about 5 meters in diameter. Along the walls of this cave there are many cracks and fissures inhabited by all types of shrimp. At the deep end of the sloping, sandy floor there is a narrow tunnel spectacularly leading out of the chimney to the bottom of the cliff. Looking up from this depth towards Reqqa Point is breathtaking.
Amazing and exciting dive for the very experienced technical diver only.
Watch the currents that can occure here.
BOTTLENECK CAVE Features
- Bottleneck, Reqqa Bottleneck Cave,
- Bottleneck Cave Reqqa,
- Sufficient parking
- 50 m.
- Suitable for
- Technical diving , very excperienced divers
- Free access, sloping path
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive / cave dive, reef dive , deep dive (30m+), reef wall dive
- Limited / strong / variable
- 10 - 50 m.
- Average visibility
- 35 m.
- 37-58 m.
- Common prawn, tuna, dentex, yellow cluster anemone
- Other recreation