BLUE HOLE & CHIMNEY
Naar Coral Cave. Nice duiken met veel te zien, veel vissen, sponzen, garnalen en anemonen. …
Met Buddies Dive Cove, alweer een spectaculaire duik, onder en rond Azure Window, grote …
It's indeed an amazingly beautiful dive, very diverse, descending in the blue hole, then …
A very special dive spot descended in the Blue Hole and via the cave under the Azure …
Ik heb hier talloze duiken gemaakt.... Ik heb het spoor verloren. absoluut fabelachtig.......!
The Blue Hole is one of the most beautiful dive sites of the Maltese islands. The entrance and exit area, just below where the famous Azure Window used to be, is unique. You dive in a wind and water eroded rock formation with steep walls, which provides access to the open sea. Highlights include the imposing arc, which begins at 8 meters deep, and the huge 15 meter deep cave at the bottom. Following the left reef and the swimthrough vertical tunnel at 18 meters depth, called The Chimney, that will lead you to Coral Gardens at 4 meters where you can eventually exit the water.
Very popular location. Can be very busy. Go early in the morning. According to many this is one of the best dive sites in Europe. Fascinating are the deep blue hues of the water. The hole where you enter the water, has a size of 10 by 5 meters. The Azure Window has collpased on 8 March 2017.
Long walk and difficult path to the entrance point!
BLUE HOLE & CHIMNEY Features
- Azure Window Chimney, Dwejra Point Blue Hole and Chimney
- Triq Il Gebla Tal General, San Lawarenz, Dwejra, Malta
- Sufficient parking
- 200 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels, day out with the family, underwater photography
- Free access, not so easy pathway cut out of the rock
- Shower, souvenir shop, restaurant with terrace, toilets, mobile ice cream parlor, church/chapel
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, reef dive , explorer dive
- Limited / none
- 20 - 35 m.
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 26 m.
- boulders,sand and rocks
- Bath sponge, seahorse , grouper, mediterranean moray or roman eel, mud dragon or kinorhyncha, tuna, tuna, starfish, mediterranean damselfish, saddled bream, yellow cluster anemone, noble pen shell or fan mussel
- Other recreation
- Swimming , rambling or trekking/hiking, sunbathing