Mooie duik door de tunnel, daarna rechtsaf en de smalle grot …
Goed zicht spaanse kreeft en naaktslak in de tunnel. Kijk goed in …
Tunnel is amazing every time. Inland Sea is 30 degrees. Not many …
The cave going outwards to sea is great
Left reef, stone stacking with George at 26 meters at end of …
Spectaculaire tunnel veel vis
With Buddies Dive Cove. As usual, the cave dive feeling. PERFECT! …
Prachtige tunnel, daarna linksom langs het rif. Veiligheidsstop …
Als eerste op de stek. Via cave naar buiten richting Blue Hole en …
Heel mooi lichtinval in de tunnel. Daarna linksaf langs de …
Awsome location. The clear blue water, the cliff, the tunnel. Its …
Inland Sea is a shallow salt water lake surrounded by high cliffs and a small beach. Fascinating here is the water with huge boulders underwater. You enter from the shore into the shallow water. Then leave the lake through a long natural tunnel which offers access to the open sea. The tunnel is 80 meters long and with its beautiful light and jagged walls an attraction in itself. It gives you a feel of doing a cave dive. Once in open sea descend toward The Azure Window and The Blue Hole or take the right reef to the 'Whale Cave'. Make sure you have sufficient air for the way back because the way back over land from Blue Hole is an exhausting one. Superb dive site! Divers speak of an unforgettable experience.
Use the jetty for support when entering and exiting the water. In the walls of the tunnel you will find a lot of small life, so bring your dive light. At the exit of the tunnel is a drop-off. From here you reach quite easily The Azure Window and The Blue Hole.
Little boats use the tunnel also, stay at depth. At heavy rain the bay and tunnel will silt up so don’t make the mistake to go to the open sea through the tunnel!
INLAND SEA Features
- Dwejra Point Inland Sea
- Dwejra Point,
- Limited parking (no groups)
- 30 m.
- Suitable for
- Beginners, day out with the family, advanced divers, underwater photography, snorkeling (in the lake)
- Free access, along the jetty
- Cafetaria with terrace , mobile toilets
- Kind of dive
- Cavern dive, explorer dive, reef wall dive, shore dive, boat dive
- 10 - 30 m.
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 2 - 50 m.
- Swallowtail seaperch or marine goldfish or anthias, bath sponge, barracuda, grouper, amberjack, spiny lobster or langouste or rock lobster, common octopus, parrotfish, grouper, tuna, mediterranean cardinalfish or king of the mullets, yellow cluster anemone
- Other recreation
- Local fishermen love to take you on a boat trip , rambling