Beautiful! Great experience visiting the caves, in one of them we found a big moray eel :) and also lots of other fish to see ofcourse
Mooi stukjes grotten waar door je heen kunt genoeg vis en be planting
Coral Cave can be reached in several ways. Along the coast past the salt pans, then enter with a 2 meter giant stride. Then you will find yourself directly above the Coral Cave. More likely is that you go into the water with a dive guide at the Blue Hole and from there visit the Coral Cave. Exit the water at Coral Gardens or at the Blue Hole. The Coral Cave is a cavern filled with different soft corals and sponges. You will also find shrimp, fish and giant mussels. A great experience but check your buoyance so you do not damage the fragile corals.
Make sure you are able to do the long march to the entrance spot, especially when it's hot it's an exhausting walk.
Long walk to entrance!
CORAL CAVE Features
- Dwejra Coral Cave,
- Dwejra, Gozo
- Sufficient parking
- 200 m.
- Suitable for
- Advanced divers, experienced divers
- N.v.t. / NA
- Free access, giant stride, rocky and sharp path.
- Restaurant, showers, souvenir shop, toilet, mobile ice cream parlor, church, chapel
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, reef dive , cavern dive
- Limited, strong, variable
- 10 - 45 m.
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 33 m.
- zand en grote rotsblokken
- Scorpionfish, amberjack, axinella polypoides or common antlers sponge, tube worm, wrasse, neptune's lace, european parrotfish, sponge, common prawn, lesser cylinder anemone, starfish, mediterranean damselfish, swallowtail seaperch (anthias), painted comber, noble pen shell or fan mussel
- Other recreation
- Rambling or trekking/hiking