Slight current so decided was to not go to far. Still a relaxing 45 minute dive through caves and over reef and sand. Seahare, Stingray, etc
Octopus, stingray en eerste kleine grotten bezocht op 8 meter en 30 meter lang.
2 very relaxed dives on reef, sandy planes with boulders and grass. Octopus, Razorfish, Stingray and a rare Ragged Sea Hare. \r\nGuide Brooksy
With Buddies Dive Cove. 2 Shallow dives, 13m max. Many stingrays. Young Cuttle Fish and Moray, Pipefish, Lizard fish, Mullet & small fish.
With Buddies Dive Cove. Marvelous 2 dives, rocks, crevasses, grasslands, and sandy plates. Stingrays, scorpionfish, even a baby cuttlefish
Leuke duik, cavern is mooi met lichtinval.Octopus, sepia, baby murene en de standaard visjes. Vanwege de flinke wind was er wat stroming.
Mooie stek voor Cavern duiken. Kleine swim thru's waar je doorheen kan gaan. Voor speurwerk is er genoeg te vinden. Aanrader op Malta!
Ghar Lapsi Finger Reef & Crib is a beautiful dive site from a small bay with several reef and cave structures. The calm, shallow water makes this an excellent dive site for beginners. More experienced divers can explore the caves in the clear blue-green waters. The small cave system has several entry and exit spots. The inside is equally beautiful due to lighting conditions, rock formations and marine life. Crib refers to a nativity crib made from steel plate that can be found in one of the caves at 22 meters depth after a 15 minute swim.
Enter the water by using the stairs or via the boat ramp. There are several passages in the cave system where you can ascend.
Do not let currents surprise you!
GHAR LAPSI FINGER REEF & CRIB Features
- Cavern Lapsi, Lapsi cave, Finger Reef, Middle Reef, Crib
- West of Qrendi
- Sufficient parking
- 100 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels, day out with the family, underwater photography
- Long stairs, free access, stairs or ladder, sloping path
- Boat ramp, restaurant with toilet
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, reef dive , shallow dive, cavern dive
- Sometimes strong from east to west, limited, strong, variable
- 10 - 40 m.
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- 15 -22 m.
- rocks,sand and seagrass
- Stingray, cuttlefish, scorpionfish, goby, lizard fish, common hermit crab, mediterranean moray or roman eel, grey triggerfish, parrotfish, ornate- or turkish wrasse, ragged sea hare or shaggy sea hare, flying gurnard, john dory or peter's fish, painted comber
- Other recreation
- Rocky beach, sunbathing, swimming , concrete jetty