The Valley or inlet is the starting and ending point for shore dives in Wied iz-Zurrieq. The shallow inlet is excellent site for night diving and training dives. Lots of marine life on the reefwalls on both sides of the inlet and between the rocks on the bottom.
Be aware of the many lost fishing lines that one can find here, don't get entangled. You will also find lots of glass bottles thrown from the cliffs into the sea, the 'future amphoras'.
Choppy water can make exiting quite challenging. Watch the boats at the entrance and exit.
ZURRIEQ VALLEY Features
- Inlet, Blue Grotto
- Triq Congreve, Wied iz-Zurrieq, Malta
- Sufficient parking, at entry point reserved for dive schools.
- 20 meter
- Suitable for
- All levels, night diving, scuba diving practice
- Free access, entry via jetty, long stairs, stairs or ladder, giant stride, sloping path
- Accessible toilet, boat dive facilities, restaurant, souvenir shop, mobile ice cream parlor
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, night dive, shallow dive
- Limited / none
- 10 - 30 meter
- Average visibility
- 20 m.
- 4 - 14 m.
- rotsen en stenen
- Barracuda, cuttlefish, amberjack, mediterranean moray or roman eel, common octopus, mediterranean damselfish, sea hare, painted comber, brown meagre, rainbow wrasse
- Other recreation
- Day tourism, tour boats , rambling or trekking/hiking, swimming