Mtahleb is located off the eastcoast at the end of the road leadin to Rdum tas-Sarg north of Ras id-Dawarra Bay. This is an unspoiled dive site due to the conditions on the shore before you get to the water. The vertical walls, ledges, caves and caverns are home to many species. You will also find some cars pushed off the cliffs. The best option for this dive is to do it by boat.
Entry and exit are only possible in near perfect weather conditions.
Its all right clambering down 300m of rugged headland, but it is another matter climbing back up after a deep dive! Watch out for exercised induced DCS.
- Tal-Merħla, Rabat, Malta
- Sufficient at dive spot or for boat dive park at boat charter
- 300 m.
- Suitable for
- Advanced divers, experienced divers, underwater photography
- Free access, not so easy pathway cut out of the rock
- Kind of dive
- Boat dive / shore dive, reef dive , cavern dive, explorer dive, underwater naturalist
- Limited / variable
- 10 - 40 m.
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 15 - 70 m.
- rots,zand en rotsplateau’s
- Dusky grouper or merou, anemone and shrimp, creole wrasse, tube worm, common octopus, european parrotfish, sand smelt, .
- Other recreation
- Rambling or trekking/hiking, abseilen/rapelling