Zoals gebruikelijk in Anchor Bay, mooie kleuren en veel leven, veel kwallen bij …
75 min. duiken, dus anders dan op andere plaatsen vanwege de onkruid overdekte rotsen en …
Deze plek is goed om te duiken.
Good visibility, light currents due to wind, through the cave and then towards the large …
Last dive of week Malta Due to wind wind the sheltered Anchor Bay selected from the …
Entering from the pontoon opposite Popeye Village, round along the cliff, at the small …
Many lives between the rocks and sand like octopus and lizardish, in the cave a couple of …
Beautiful dive over sandy plains dotted with rocks, walls, scorpion fish, octopus and baby …
Anchor Bay is nestled between two cliffs. It is a shallow dive over a sandy bottom littered with big rocks and boulders that leads to some beautiful caves. Scorpion Cave is the largest. Gorgeous, blue water and abundant marine life make your dive here complete. Scorpion Cave is 150 meters from the bay at 10 meters depth. To reach the site you need to swim for about 20 minutes. As in other caves you can ascend in Scorpion Cave and enjoy the wonderful internal vault. On the other side of the bay at a depth of 7 meters lies a large anchor, with an enormous chain. Outside the bay is a wreck, the Scott Craig, at 12 meters.
This is an ideal location as a fallback when diving at different spots are impossible due to strong wind from the north corners. Anchor Bay once served as a filming location for the movie Popeye, with Robin Williams.
In the caves you can ascend but keep breathing through your regulator. The air quality is poor.
ANCHOR BAY Features
- Popeye Village, Il-Prajjet
- Anchor Bay, Malta
- Limited parking
- 30 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels, underwater photography, day out with the family
- Entry via jetty, free access, stairs or ladder, giant stride
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, cavern dive, explorer dive
- Limited / none
- 8 - 14 m.
- Average visibility
- 10 m.
- 20 m.
- zand en grote rotsblokken
- Stingray, wide-eyed flounder, scorpionfish, shrimp, tube worm, mediterranean moray or roman eel, common octopus, parrotfish, flying gurnard, cuckoo wrasse, black faced blenny
- Other recreation
- Popey village is a tourist attraction for families and children. , swimming and snorkeling, concrete jetty, boating, yachting