Dive 1 padi open water course
Daħlet Qorrot is a small inlet nestled between the northern cliffs of Gozo not far from in-Nadur. There is a little pebbly beach to swim off, as well as a quayside and rocks on either side of the bay taking you straight into clear deep water. This is an easy dive suitable for beginners. The site features extensive beds of neptune grass amongst small sandy patches.
The cove is used by a small number of fisherman who have turned some caves at the base of the cliffs into boat houses and storage for their fishing gear. The fishermen can often be seen mending their nets or repairing their colourful boats to keep them seaworthy.
Boats at the surface.
DAHLET QORROT Features
- Dahlet il-Qorrot
- Wied Rihan Road, Nadur, Gozo, Malta
- Sufficient parking
- 20 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels, day out with the family, scuba diving training, snorkelers
- Free access
- Boat ramp, toilets
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive from beach, shallow dive, explorer dive
- Limited, none
- 20 - 40 m.
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- 10 m.
- rotsblokken,rotsen,zand en zeegras
- Stingray, lizard fish, common octopus, ornate- or turkish wrasse, small marine life, flying gurnard, mediterranean damselfish, rainbow wrasse
- Other recreation
- Rambling or trekking/hiking, sunbathing, swimming and snorkeling