Great dive through the caves and around pillars and rocks. Not many fish \'behind\' the caves. Can\'t beat the caves.\nTriggerfish though. ;-)
Nothing bad to write about the caves. Everytime very exciting. Nice and shallow dive. As usual not so much life in caves, more outside.
Very nice dive into and around Santa Maria Caves. Perfect visibility today. Loads of life; shrimp, scorpionfish, conger eel etcetera
Diving with Dive Malta. Just a perfect boat dive. Caves, blue light, boulders, crevasses, all full of live. A must do dive for every diver.
Te water om 12:44 uur. Duiktijd: 58 minuten. Fantastische duikplaats...!
The beautiful Santa Maria Caves consist of a system of dozens of caves that creates a wonderful spectacle with the incident light. The caves are known as one of the world's most beautiful cave systems.. Each cave has its own peculiarities. There are caves that are half submerged so every open water diver can take a dive here. Others are completely submerged and are suitable only for more experienced cave or cavern divers. The scenery is beautiful and it has very diverse marine life. Fish have gotten used to be fed and will come very close.
Beautiful rock formations, arches and swim through tunnels. Caves were used in 2002 as a movie location for 'Count of Monte Cristo'.
It can get crowded during the day. Especially in high season.
SANTA MARIA CAVES Features
- Comino Caves, Santa Marija Caves
- North east Comino
- At boat charter
- 30 min.
- Suitable for
- Beginners, experienced divers, cave divers, snorkelers
- Free access
- Kind of dive
- Shallow dive, cavern dive, snorkeling, cave dive, boat dive
- Limited, none
- 20 - 50 meter
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- 10-16 m.
- boulders,rocks and stones,sand
- Bath sponge, double banded bream, conger eel or conger, seahorse , common hermit crab, spiny lobster or langouste or rock lobster, mediterranean moray or roman eel, common prawn, blackspot seabream, striped red mullet, mediterranean damselfish, saddled bream
- Other recreation
- Swimming and snorkeling