Crystal Lagoon is a beautiful dive and snorkel site in one of the nicest sheltered lagoons Malta has to offer with crystal clear water in the nicest turquoise colors and a depth of 5 to 6 meters providing perfect conditions. You dive into a 30 meters long tunnel covered with boulders, starting at 5 meters depth, decending to 8 on the other side where you can turn left to make your way back to the lagoon around the little headland. Turn right if you want to explore another tunnel and an overhang. The tunnels are a beautiful experience with the brilliant light of the lagoon entering the tunnels. It is perfect for photographers with the white sand which provide for ideal underwater light.
The lagoon is a breeding ground where many small fish are found. Fish such as several types of bream are waiting to be fed by divers and boat tourists so at some times you can encounter hundreds of fish at one time.
Many boats on the surface so make sure to surface near the boat or on the side of the bay. Bring an SMB.
CRYSTAL LAGOON Features
- N.v.t. N/A
- At boat charter
- 30 min.
- Suitable for
- All levels, underwater photography
- Free access
- Kind of dive
- Boat dive / underwater photography, reef dive , cavern dive, underwater naturalist
- Limited / none
- 20-50 m.
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- 16 m.
- rotsblokken,zand en zeegras
- Stingray, wide-eyed flounder, double banded bream, cuttlefish, lizard fish, mediterranean moray or roman eel, nudibranch, common octopus, ornate- or turkish wrasse, many young fish, saddled bream
- Other recreation
- Swimming and snorkeling, boating, yachting