Ahrax Point is a fairly remote spot at the most northern tip of Malta. The dive site is accessible from land. Yet the entry is difficult because of the rocks so you might want to consider a boat dive. You dive along beautiful reefs and walls. The main attraction is an open cave, which is accessed by a tunnel. You can see several different soft corals and sponges and lots of fish. Despite its remote location, there are various facilities available. Near the dive site is a campsite with a bathroom, shower and dining facilities.
Outside of the collapsed cave you dive on a bottom of sea grass with crevices and small caves in the cliffs.
A boat dive is recommended here, because of the difficult rocky entry from the shore. From the shore entrance you also have to swim ten minutes to reach the cave.
AHRAX POINT Features
- Dragonara Cave, Coral Lagoon, L'Ahrax Point, Coral Grotto
- Dragonara Cave, near Triq Daħlet ix-Xmajjar in Ahrax Point.
- Sufficient at dive spot or for boat dive park at boat charter
- 150 m.
- Suitable for
- Beginners, experienced divers
- Free access, rocky and sharp path.
- Camping with toilet, shower and cafetaria
- Kind of dive
- Boat dive, shore dive, cavern dive
- Limited, variable
- 10 - 30 meter
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 14 m.
- Barracuda, tube worm, mediterranean moray or roman eel, common octopus, parrotfish, lionfish, black faced blenny
- Other recreation
- Camping , rambling