RDUM IL HMAR
Easy dive site
Rdum L-Ahmar or Red Cliffs, facing Mellieha Bay and going around the corner going north, is a dive site near Ahrax Point which mainly consists out of rocks. Large split boulders have created some excellent swimthroughs and channels in which fish love to house themselves. These cliffs can only be reached by a rough dirt road. Because it is difficult to access, this area is mostly used by off-roaders and diving schools searching for unspoiled fauna.
Ask before you go there so you are sure where exactly to go.
Difficult entry and exit point. Watch out for the busy boat traffic in summer.
RDUM IL HMAR Features
- Redum il Hmar, Rdun L-Ahmar, Redum il Hmar, Irdum Il-Hmar, Red Cliffs
- Triq Dahlet Ix-Xmajjar, Il-Mellieħa, Malta
- Unpaved parking
- 75 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels (beginners under supervision), underwater photography
- Free access, across uneven terrain
- Kind of dive
- Boat dive, shore dive, deep dive (30m+), underwater naturalist
- Limited, variable
- 20 - 40 m.
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- 3 - 36 m.
- rotsen,zand en grote rotsblokken
- Eagle ray, dusky grouper or merou, barracuda, amberjack, moray, common octopus, tuna, dentex, saddled bream
- Other recreation
StatisticsBecome a premium member and view up to 5 years
Current weather conditions
Wind : Condition : Temperature : °C
Powered by World Weather Online
Spots nearbySlugs bay (0,67km) Gurbel reef (1,00km) Smugglers cave & reef (1,02km) Ahrax point (1,58km) Pippo (2,03km)
Sultan rock (2,82km) Paradise bay (3,47km) Sikka i-bajda (3,48km) Susies pool (3,51km) Anchor bay (3,55km) Right arch (3,55km) St. pauls island outer reef (3,56km)Read more
Shops nearbySAMOS DIVE CENTER Distance: 1.134,23km SUBLUB VOERENDAAL Distance: 1.787,71km XPLORE DIVING Distance: 1.810,70km LIMBURG DIVING Distance: 1.819,96km GALICIA TECHNICAL DIVING Distance: 1.834,87km
SCUBAREPAIR Distance: 1.841,09km BRABANT DIVING Distance: 1.855,60km DUIKCENTRUM EINDHOVEN Distance: 1.862,72km SAMS DIVING Distance: 1.867,27km TRANSFO DUIKTANK Distance: 1.869,08kmRead more