Milky water, caused by surface heat causing bloom. Beyond Rozi a big grouper. Couple flying gurnards, 2 groupers in Madonna swim through.
Easy relaxing 45 minute dive. Not something special today. Little Moray Eel, couple of hunting jacks.
61 minute dive with Mark Fenech. Still a current on return. Loads of young fish being chased by Amberjacks and Blue Runners.
Great 45 minute dive. Nice and warm. Some current on the way back. 2 Blue Runners, Amberjacks following us.
Great dive: Rozi, Right Arch, behind Right Arch, Swim through, Eagle Ray, Barracuda, Groupers, loads of small fish. Thermocline at 20m.
Great relaxing dive. Warm water, good vis. Right Arch, swimthrough, Amberjacks hunting, Moray eel. Hopeful back to normal soon with tourism
Nice dive on the right reef and arch. Making air bubble curtain at arch. Spotted rather big octopus and moray and school of amberjacks.
45 min. w. Gorgeous George. Massive Moray in rock at L-shape swimthrough. Big shoal Trumpetfish at surface. Went beyond Right Arch and back.
First ones in the water. Nice dive but a very strong current on the way back in i\'ve never experienced before. BIG stingray, BIG parrotfish
Right Arch, as the name states, can be found on the right hand side of Cirkewwa's entry points. The arch is a cavern which has a large hole in the top, creating a narrow bridge of rock. Nice features here are the natural arch with right behind it a naturally formed bowl where lots of life can be found and two swim-throughs. On the way to the arch or on the way back you'll pass the two swim-throughs, the Madonna, Sugarloaf and the Gnome Gardens. There are parking spaces reserved for divers. Always take your diving certificate with you and place it behind your windscreen.
Start your dive from the giant stride entry point at the small light tower and use Susies Pool as exit point. During your dive you may see Tugboat Rozi's stern, but only if visibility is good.
A surprisinlgy strong current may already be there at the start or come up on the way back. Busy is summer season. There are parking spaces reserved for divers. Always take your diving certificate with you and place it behind your windscreen.
RIGHT ARCH Features
- Marfa Point Right Arch,Cirkewwa Right Arch and Right Reef
- Triq Il- Marfa, Il-Mellieħa, Marfa Point
- Sufficient parking
- 20 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels (beginners under supervision), underwater photography
- N.v.t. / NA
- Free access, giant stride, sloping path with handrail
- Accessible toilet, showers, snack car, cafetaria at ferry harbour
- N.v.t. / NA
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, reef dive , explorer dive
- Sometimes strong from southwest to north-east, limited, variable
- 10 - 40 m.
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- 20 m.
- rotsblokken,rotsen,zand en zeegras
- Dusky grouper or merou, swallowtail seaperch or marine goldfish or anthias, stingray, barracuda, amberjack, common octopus, tuna, flying gurnard, mediterranean moray or roman eel
- Other recreation
- Swimming and snorkeling