Relaxed 50 minute dive towards Left Arch. Not many big fish. Big …
Second training area, 2 anchors, Moray statue, beyond Left Arch, …
Great dive to the two anchors at the left reef. Trying to find …
Nice relaxed dive towards Left Arch Lots of small fish, some …
Excellent dive with Christina Borner at Left Reef. Went to sand …
Interesting dive with loads of life. Rare transparent Moray …
2 nice shallow dives along Right & Left reef. Fried Egg …
65 minutes dive on Cirkewwa Amphores and Left Arch. Octopus, …
A great 60 minute dive with Mark towards Left Arch. Saw hunting …
With Buddies Dive Cove. 2 excellent dives. Unusual route on left …
Amphores or Left Reef is less known as a diving route in Cirkewwa but still interesting. Very different from the dive to the P29 or Tugboat Rozi there's a passage between massive boulders, where a few 'fake' amphoras have been placed on the bottom. The many trenches, crevasses, holes and large pebbles between the rocks and big boulders make Cirkewwa Amphores a great dive site to explore. With sufficient air you can also reach the arch in Paradise Bay, just around the corner at 10 meters depth, called 'Ben's Arch' or 'Left Cirkewwa Arch'. There are parking spaces reserved for divers. Always take your diving certificate with you and place it behind your windscreen.
Enter the water at Susies Pool or at the concrete staircase that is located towards Paradise Bay. Now descend along the massive rock formations.
Busy is summer season. There are parking spaces reserved for divers. Always take your diving certificate with you and place it behind your windscreen.
- Cirkewwa Left Reef or Amphores,Marfa Point Amphores
- Triq Il- Marfa, Il-Mellieħa, Marfa Point
- Sufficient parking
- 20 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels (beginners under supervision), underwater photography
- N.v.t. / NA
- Free access, stairs or ladder, sloping path with handrail
- Accessible toilet, showers, snack car, cafetaria at ferry harbour
- N.v.t. / NA
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, reef dive , explorer dive
- Sometimes strong from southwest to north-east, limited, variable
- 10 - 40 m.
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 10 - 30 m.
- rotsblokken,grind of kiezel(stenen),rotsen,zand en zeegras
- Barracuda, double banded bream, scorpionfish, common hermit crab, amberjack, mediterranean moray or roman eel, common octopus, parrotfish, ornate- or turkish wrasse, flying gurnard, black faced blenny, painted comber, saddled bream
- Other recreation
- Swimming and snorkeling