Rdum il-Qawwi can be reached by walking over 500 meter of steps and footpaths but is best done from a boat. A number of swim-throughs created by the immense number of boulders that litter the shore feature in the area. This dive is very much worth it especially for the arches and caves along the shore line.
Various sponges and golden zoanthids are found here, while wrasse inhabits the posedonia fields.
Sensitive for all western winds.
RDUM IL-QAWWI Features
- Rough Cliffs
- Triq Għajn Tuta, Il-Mellieħa, Malta
- Sufficient at dive spot or for boat dive park at boat charter
- 500 m.
- Suitable for
- Advanced divers
- Free access
- Kind of dive
- Boat dive, shore dive, reef dive
- Limited / variable
- 20 - 40 m.
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- 6 - 40 m.
- rotsblokken,rotsen,zand en zeegras
- Moray, european parrotfish, ornate- or turkish wrasse, sponge, rainbow wrasse, golden zoanthid
- Other recreation