From P29 to 2 Anchors then Amphores and back. 70 minute dive. …
Great dive. Quite fresh at 17m. Strong sideways current on P29. …
Good visibility, warm water, fully grown wreck with weeds. Moray …
Good to see...lots of life on the wreck.
Freedivesessie bij de P29, blijf dat een indrukwekkend wrak …
Super duik! Murene, schorpioenvis, tandbaars, op de terugweg …
Leuke duik, veel leven onderwater. Wrak is nog in redelijke …
Just a short dive today, 35 minutes. Lot of fish in Suzies Pool, …
Very milky in Suzie\'s Pool after rain, 4m vis. Further out nice …
Nice Moray eel in the box, check him out
Heel tof wrak! Heel veel vis op het wrak incl murene, daarna via …
Waanzinnig mooi duikje buiten wrakken niet echt bijzonder. Wel …
With George Brooks and Mark. Dean guiding. P29, full grown weeds, …
Leuke duik goed zicht
In het wrak, de max. ..
The P29 lies 150 meters off the coast of Cirkewwa. The wreck is marked with a yellow buoy and accessible from the shore. You can use a boat when you quickly want to start your dive and have more dive time on the wreck. It is a German minesweeper which has served for 10 years as a patrol boat for the Maltese coastline. The ship was sunk in 2007 as a dive wreck and artificial reef by the Malta Marine Foundation and the Malta Tourism Authority. The highest point is only 12 meters below the surface but who wants to fully enjoy the wreck should descend to depths between 25 and 38 meters. Entrance and exit via Susies Pool. There are parking spaces reserved for divers. Always take your diving certificate with you and place it behind your windscreen.
Type: Minesweeper / Patrol Boat. Class: Kondor. Weight: 361 tons. Length: 51.98m. Width: 7.12m. Speed: 20 knots. Builder: Peene Werft shipyard. Submerged in Malta: August 14, 2007. Deepest point: 38m. Shallowest point. 12m.
The yellow marker buoy is only present during high season. Busy is summer season. There are parking spaces reserved for divers. Always take your diving certificate with you and place it behind your windscreen.
P29 PATROL BOAT Features
- P 29,Boltenhagen,Cirkewwa P29
- Triq Il- Marfa, Il-Mellieħa, Marfa Point
- Sufficient parking
- 150 m.
- Suitable for
- Advanced divers, wreck divers
- N.v.t. / NA
- 100 meters swim from shore, free access, giant stride, sloping path with handrail
- Accessible toilet, showers, snack car, cafetaria at ferry harbour
- N.v.t / NA
- Kind of dive
- Deep dive (30m+), boat dive, shore dive, wreck dive
- Sometimes strong from southwest to north-east, limited, variable
- 10 - 40 m.
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 38 m.
- Scorpionfish, wrasse, mediterranean moray or roman eel, common octopus, european parrotfish, ornate- or turkish wrasse, sea bass, seahorse , mediterranean cardinalfish or king of the mullets
- Other recreation
- Swimming and snorkeling