Susies Pool, a shallow water, is mainly used as the entrance and exit area for most Cirkewwa dives. It is also used as a practice area for teaching Open Water Diver courses. It has an easy entrance with a sloping walkway with railing towards the water.
Perfect place to practice skills. Susies Pool is named after Susie, Peter G. Lemon's wife. Peter is author of the Maltese dive bible 'Scuba Diving Malta Gozo and Comino'.
As with any sloping walkway, watch it, slippery when wet. Swell can make exiting quite challenging.
SUSIES POOL Features
- Cirkewwa Susies Pool, Marfa Point Susies Pool
- Triq Il- Marfa, Il-Mellieħa, Malta
- Busy in high season, parking at entrance reserved for divers
- 20 - 50 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels, underwater photography, scuba diving practice, scuba diving training
- Free access
- Accessible toilet, showers, snack car, cafetaria at ferry harbour
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive
- 20 - 30 m.
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 6 m.
- Anemone, scorpionfish, common hermit crab, common octopus, black faced blenny
- Other recreation
- Swimming and snorkeling