Het Groene Eiland is a beautiful site, located at the resort De Gouden Ham in Appeltern, with lots of fish and a varying bottoml. In summer the shallow part of this dive site is one big garden of aquatic plants with many small fish. When you go deeper to about 7 meters, a wall appears with beautiful clay formations.
Enter the water from the shore. Het Groene Eiland is connected to a river (de Maas). That’s why the biodiversity is different than in other dive sites. See if you can spot typical river species, such as the Chinese mitten crab, catfish, the tubenose goby and loaches.
A lot of boats! Dive only using a surface buoy. Even when boat diving a surface buoy is required!
HET GROENE EILAND Features
- De Camping, Appeltern
- Lutenkampstraat 2, 6629 KS Appeltern
- Parking on waterfront via scubaxperience
- 15 m.
- Suitable for
- Beginners, advanced divers, introductory dives, disabled divers, night diving, scuba diving practice, underwater photography
- Duiken via ScubaXperience
- No free access! contact diveschool Scubaxperience: +31(0)24–750 5234
- Restaurant de korenmolen (on dyke), snackbar on location, toilet
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive
- 4 - 12 m.
- Average visibility
- 6 m.
- 12 m.
- klei en zand
- Perch, bream, carp, koi carp, catfish, bream, pike, roach
- Other recreation
- Swimming , surfing , boating, yachting