We made the dives for Deep-Specialty. It was not very funny for the students because of …
Mooie zichtbaarheid op dit moment
The entry has been improved
Cute dive spot, deep diving.... dark but crystal clear. 27m long track course lorries, …
Nice dive place for a deep go for once
The Blausteinsee is an ancient lignite excavation, just across the border with Maastricht. It is a nice dive site, although it gets pretty cold at a depth of 10 meters. Two underwater forests and various wrecks make Blausteinsee interesting. Especially at night time you can spot a lot of life. You can see an abundance of perch and eels. Before you go check the opening times and the costs.
If you want to spot fish in the daytime, try looking among the vegetation. Great for night dives. It’s a deep place, up to 40 meters. The facilities are great.
Use a proper dive suit, it gets cold, even in summer. Do not make a straight ascent from 14 meters or deeper, you will find yourself beyond the buoys.
- Zum Blausteinsee, 52249 Eschweiler
- Sufficient unpaved parking, bring a rain cover
- 65 m.
- Suitable for
- Beginners (gradually sloping bottom), deep diving, several platforms and some facilities, advanced divers, night diving, scuba diving practice (fenced-off area)
- Paid diving opening hours: wwweschweiler-tauchclubnl
- Cafetaria, diving school, dive shop, toilets, scuba fill station
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive / deep diving
- 0,5 -10 m. Beste zicht onder 10 meter.
- Average visibility
- 4 m.
- 40 m.
- sand and gravel or pebbels
- Perch, eel, pike, roach
- Other recreation
- Wind surfing , sailing