FORT ST ELMO
Fort St. Elmo is one of Malta's lesser known dive spots. Still its a very nice reef dive with lots of boulders and gullies to explore. A dive at Fort St. Elmo in the early morning sun can be quite surprising and is easy to combine with a dive on the HMS Maori.
There are four entry points, from ladders to stairs to a sloping path. Fort St Elmo is named after museum Fort St. Elmo, beautifully overlooking the bay.
FORT ST ELMO Features
- St Elmo reef, Maori, Elmo reef
- Triq Il-Lanca, Valletta
- Limited space during high season
- 20 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels
- Free access, stairs or ladder, giant stride, sloping path
- Cafetaria with toilet
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, reef dive , explorer dive
- Limited, variable
- 10 - 30 m.
- Average visibility
- 20 m.
- 25 m.
- boulders,sand and rocks
- Dusky grouper or merou, seahorse , mediterranean moray or roman eel, common octopus, flying gurnard, john dory or peter's fish, saddled bream
- Other recreation
- Swimming and snorkeling, visit monument(s), museum Fort St Elmo