Exiles or Exiles Reef, while now being in the 'shadow' of the Tug 2 that was scuttled in the same area in 2013, is still a very nice dive to do because of the abundance of marine life that is found here. The dive takes you along a shallow reef with small gullies and overhangs, over sandy plates, some covered in Posidonia seagrass, all full of life.
Tug 2 is a wreck found in the same area.
- Exiles Reef, St. Julians Point
- Triq It- Torri, St. Julian's, Malta
- Free parking near diving school opposite restaurant, limited parking in summer time
- 50 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels, day out with the family, underwater photography, scuba diving practice (suited for navigation exercises)
- Free access, stairs or ladder, giant stride, sloping path
- Diving school, restaurant with terrace, playground
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, reef dive , explorer dive, underwater naturalist
- Limited / none
- 10 - 40 m.
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 20 m.
- rotsen,zand en zeegras
- Dusky grouper or merou, stingray, cuttlefish, scorpionfish, lizard fish, grey triggerfish, common octopus, starfish, threefin blenny or triplefin blenny, mediterranean damselfish, black faced blenny, stargazer, weeverfish or weever, mediterranean moray or roman eel
- Other recreation
- Sunbathing, swimming and snorkeling