MINI BLUE HOLE
The Mini Blue Hole is located near Marsaskala in an area between Ghar id-Duhhan and Iz-Zellieqa. A dive at the Mini Blue Hole is at its best when rays of sunlight shine into the hole, creating a surrealistic environment.The hole is linked to an underwater tunnel with its entrance close to the entry point. Outside the tunnel you dive in area not deeper than 14 meters, covered in boulders between small reefs.
The Mini Blue Hole is accessible from an off-road track, connecting Marsaskala to Xghajra. Take the rough, uneven path down to the shoreline. Then walk to the sea over the gently sloping rocks. Gear up at the entry point.
Off road parking. Rough path towards the entry point.
MINI BLUE HOLE Features
- Marsaskala, Zonqor Point,
- Zonqor Point, Marsaskala, Malta
- Remote parking, sufficient parking
- 50 m.
- Suitable for
- All levels, underwater photography
- Free access, rocky and sharp path., sloping path
- Kind of dive
- Reef dive , cavern dive, explorer dive
- Limited, medium
- 10 - 40 m.
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 20 m.
- rocks and stones,sand
- Brittle star, scorpionfish, common hermit crab, common octopus, sponge, flying gurnard, mediterranean damselfish, black faced blenny, saddled bream
- Other recreation
- Swimming and snorkeling