Tugboats Zonqor Point consists of two tugs, the St Michael and the Tug Boat 10. Both ships were submerged deliberately to form an artificial reef. The dive site is located north of the Bay of Marsaskala, in the southeast of Malta. The wrecks are lying 60 meters apart with their bows towards open sea. The sheltered location in this quiet bay is chosen to provide the most ideal diving conditions.
Park your car next to the large swimming pool, close to the entry points. Take the rocky path that runs between the salt pans towards the water. After entry it's a 5 minute swim to the two wrecks.
Watch out, walking on uneven terrain towards entry point
ZONQOR POINT TUGBOATS Features
- Marsaskala,2 Tugs,Wied il-Għajn
- Triq iz-Zonqor, Marsaskala, Malta
- Sufficient parking
- 50 m.
- Suitable for
- Underwater photography, groups, all levels
- N.v.t. / NA
- Backwards fall, swell can make exiting difficult, across uneven terrain
- Restaurant, dive center
- Kind of dive
- Shore dive, wreck dive
- 10 - 30 m.
- Average visibility
- 20 m.
- 21 m.
- rotsen,zand en zeegras
- Common hermit crab, common octopus
- Other recreation
- Rocky beach, sunbathing, swimming and snorkeling