il-Kantra can be done as a shore dive but it is a very difficult entry and exit because of the 103 steps stairs so it is better doen as a boat dive. It starts off a small rocky ledge 10m deep which soon falls down to a sandy bottom at 20m. Following the wall on the right hand side, the sloping seabed is mainly made up of neptune grass at first but further on the area becomes littered with huge boulders creating a couple of swimthroughs and providing shelter for a variety of marine life.
This dive can also bring you inside the western entrance to an inlet called Mgarr ix-Xini.
Sheltered but there can be surge from the south east
- Blat Ta' Bologna
- Mgarr ix-Xini, Gozo, Malta
- At boat charter, limited space during high season, sufficient at dive spot or for boat dive park at boat charter
- 50 m.
- Suitable for
- Advanced divers
- Free access, long stairs
- Kind of dive
- Boat dive, shore dive, reef dive , reef wall dive
- Limited / none
- 20 - 30 m.
- Average visibility
- 20 m.
- 14 - 50+ m.
- rotsblokken,rotsen,zand en zeegras
- Opossum shrimp or mysida, anemone, stingray, cuttlefish, scorpionfish, seahorse , lizard fish, spiny lobster or langouste or rock lobster, flying gurnard, john dory or peter's fish, stargazer
- Other recreation