Ta' Cenc Cave & Reef is situated under the highest cliffs in Gozo, which shelter from the northwest winds. They continue underwater to a depth of 30 metres where it gives way to large boulders. In the shallow part of the dive there is a cave, which one can explore.This dive site is very popular with photographers due to a variety of species of fish. As we go deeper, one can find big boulders which create some swim throughs at depths between 20 to 30 metres, and offer shelter to different species of marine life.
Ta' Cenc cliffs do not offer an entry point, consequently one must get into the water from the Ta' Cenc Hotel's private beach, so during the summer season permission must be sought to dive this site from the shore.
TA' CENC CAVE & REEF Features
- Sannat, Gozo, Malta
- Voldoende parkeerplaats bij de stek, voor bootduik bij bootcharter
- Suitable for
- Advanced adviced, all levels
- Free access, stairs or ladder, giant stride
- Kind of dive
- Reef dive , cavern dive, reef wall dive, boat dive, shore dive
- Limited, variable
- 20 - 50 m.
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 37 m.
- Dusky grouper or merou, seahorse , lobster, common octopus, spiny lobster or langouste or rock lobster, common prawn, stargazer
- Other recreation