Mooie duik op een mooi wrak en zeer goed zicht👍
With Buddies Dive Cove. Second dive of the day. Great experience on the wreck. Hermit crab, Big Amberjacks. Out via reef, Shoals of Bream.
Mooi wrak, heel open en goed duikbaar
The MV Cominoland was sunk on August 12, 2006 off the coast of Gozo, together with the MV Karwela. The ships are no more than 50 meters apart. It is a British minelayer from the Second World War which was later used as a ferry between Gozo and Comino. The MV Cominoland sits pretty straight on the bottom, at a maximum depth of about 40 meters. Both the MV Cominoland and the MV Karwela were sunken for the Niche Tourism for the Island of Gozo project. The visibility is excellent. You can often see the wreck from the surface! Near the ship is a reef with beautiful vegetation.
Species: Originally small type minelayer, later transport ship and ferry. Length: 34.42m. Width:. 8.8m. Weight: 263 tons. Speed: 12 knots. Builder: Philip & Son LTD, Dartmouth. Year: 1942. Passengers: 400. Submerged on: August 13, 2006. Deepest point: 38m. Shallowest point: 32m.
Marker buoy is only present during high season.
MV COMINOLAND Features
- Xatt L'Ahmar
- Xatt L'Ahmar, Gozo, Malta
- In high season in the morning very busy
- 80 m.
- Suitable for
- Experienced wreck divers , groups, underwater photography
- Stairs or ladder
- Mobile toilet , stairs
- Kind of dive
- Reef dive , deep dive (30m+), shore dive, boat dive, wreck dive
- Limited, strong, variable
- 25 - 35 m.
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- 42 m.
- Dusky grouper or merou, stingray, barracuda, red or greater hermit crab, amberjack, mediterranean moray or roman eel, common octopus, dentex, marbled electric ray
- Other recreation