Mooi duik op de Karwela. Goed zicht niet druk. Mooie schorpioen vis op de ladder en murene.
Zeer mooie duik met Chris begeleiding en tot 15 m. zeer helder water, dieper was het nog …
Met Buddies Dive Cove, voor de eerste keer een geweldige ervaring: uit via rif, visscholen …
A real must-see, a dip.
When swimming back, don't forget to look at the reef, a lot of octopuses and other stuff.
Magnificent wreckage, also good for non-wreck divers.
The MV Karwela was sunk on August 12, 2006 off the coast of Gozo, together with the MV Cominoland. The ships are no more than 50 meters apart. It is a former German pleasure boat, that was later used as a ferry. The MV Karwela sits pretty upright at a maximum depth of about 40 meters. Both the MV Cominoland and the MV Karwela were sunken for the 'Niche Tourism for the Island of Gozo project'. The visibility is excellent. You can often see the wreck from the surface! Near the ship is a beautiful reef, with beautiful vegetation.
Type: Pleasure later ferry. Length: 50.3m. Width: 8.5m. Weight: 495 tons. Speed: 10 knots. Builder: Jos L. Meyer Papenburg. Passengers: 863. Year: 1957. Submerged on: August 13, 2006. Deepest point: 42m. Shallowest point. 30m.
Marker buoy is only present during high season.
MV KARWELA Features
- MS Frisia II, Nordpalma, Xatt L'Ahmar
- Xatt L'Ahmar, Gozo, Malta
- In high season in the morning very busy, sufficient at dive spot or for boat dive park at boat charter
- 80 m.
- Suitable for
- Experienced divers, experienced wreck divers , underwater photography
- Free access, 80 meters swim to reach wreck, stairs or ladder
- Mobile toilet , stairs
- Kind of dive
- Boat dive, shore dive, reef dive , wreck dive, deep dive (30m+)
- Limited / strong / variable
- 25 - 35 meter
- Average visibility
- 30 m.
- 42 m.
- Dusky grouper or merou, stingray, barracuda, conger eel or conger, red or greater hermit crab, amberjack, mediterranean moray or roman eel, common octopus, dentex, marbled electric ray, goldblotch grouper or golden grouper
- Other recreation