T wrak is okay. Op de terugweg veel octopussen, murenen en steenvissen.
The MV Xlendi, an old roll-on roll-off ferry, was the first wreck for Gozo to be scuttled in November 1999 to form an artificial reef on Gozo’s south-east coast. Unfortunately, after landing on a sloping reef, one week later the wreck rolled over and ended upside down Due to the weight of the hull, the whole section above the deck was crushed. However, the MV Ix-Xlendi still offers a good dive for experienced divers. The propellers, one on each end, are found at approximately 32m and fish life is abundant all around the wreck. An old car lies next to the ferry on the coast side. Two more wrecks, the MV Karwela and the MV Cominoland, are also found in the vicinity.
Can be done by boat, but more generally from the shore driving down a track through farm land. Constructed: 1955. Type: Ro-Ro car passenger ferry. Weight (tons): 1123 tons. Length: 77 m. Beam: 12 m. Height: 23 m. Builders: Helsinger ship builders, Denmark. Last Owner: Gozo Channel
The Xlendi can be a death trap if one tries to penetrate it.
MV XLENDI Features
- Ghanjsielem, MV Ix-Xlendi, Helsingør, Helsingor, Xatt L'Ahmar
- Xatt L'Ahmar, Gozo, Malta
- In high season in the morning very busy
- 50 m.
- Suitable for
- Advanced divers, underwater photography (experienced divers), wreck divers
- Stairs or ladder
- Mobile toilet , stairs
- Kind of dive
- Boat dive, shore dive, reef dive , wreck dive, deep dive (30m+)
- Limited, strong, variable
- 10 - 40 m.
- Average visibility
- 25 m.
- 30 - 44 m.
- Opossum shrimp or mysida, stingray, common starfish, crab, cuttlefish, flatworm, nudibranch, eyed electric ray or common torpedo, mediterranean damselfish, dentex, marbled electric ray
- Other recreation